What is Ceremonial Cacao?
Health Benefits of Ceremonial Cacao
~ Mood balancing & elevating
~ Supports cardiovascular health
~ High in essential Iron, magnesium, potassium & calcium
~ packed with antioxidants & flavonoids
~ Increases mental clarity & focus
The term 'Ceremonial Cacao' is the name given to define this unique product, made from the ground beans of the Theobroma Cacao tree. It is inspired by an ancient medicine, one that has been used traditionally by indigenous Mayan & Aztec cultures for centuries. There are several important factors that make Cacao of "ceremonial grade":
- it is important the the Cacao is grown within it's native environment, using natural & organic farming techniques.
- the beans must be ethically sourced & fairly traded.
- the cacao is of a heirloom &/or natural variety (no GMO/hybrid variants.)
- the cacao must be minimally processed (no cacao butter removed, as it is with cacao powder and many 'cacao pastes' on the market today)
- the cacao is not over-roasted (as it is with 'cocoa')
- the cacao must be made with intention and respect for this plant medicine.
- the cacao is processed in small batches, using quality equipment.